Monday, January 12, 2015

Review: Emissary by Thomas Locke


I do not read a lot in the fantasy genre however, I was intrigued by Thomas Locke’s (aka Davis Bunn) new fantasy Emissary.  We meet Hyam who has just lost his mother and seeks to fulfill her last wishes.  He has not traveled much and he plans to stay and farm his land.  However strange occurrences begin to happen and Hyam realizes that he may be meant for more than just being a farmer.   Not only that, but he also learns that he is not who he thinks he is.  Intrigued?  Good.  We meet a whole host of characters and different races along the journey and they are not hard to keep apart.   What I liked best about this novel was how I was discovering the world of the Realm and its secrets along with Hyam.  This was a very compelling storyline and I found myself quickly turning pages to satisfy my curiosity of this new world.  I look forward to more in this series.  My thanks to Revell for my review copy and the opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment