Monday, January 12, 2015

Review: Trails and Targets by Kelly Eileen Hake


Trails and Targets by Kelly Eileen Hake was a fun old west story about four sisters and their Pa trying to just live life off the land and to have a measure of peace.  Unfortunately, there are some serious creepy townsfolk who think it is their business to “support” these young women.   Greyson Wilder, our hero, is passing through the town on his way to Canada to look for and sell the slaughtered skeletons of the hunted buffalo.  I found this tidbit of history interesting as I had not read or heard of it before.  But in my homeschooling adventures with my children, I often did wonder what happened to all the bones of the buffalo that were slaughtered along the plains.  Ms. Hake gives us some historical information to answer that question.  Now Greyson is also running away, along with his partner, from skeletons in his past as well.  What you have is an adventure and a romance that does not happen as you may expect it should and you have 4 sisters with some unusual talents.  I look forward to the second in the series after the nice set up Ms. Hake gave us.  I received my review copy from The Book Club Network, Inc. (TBCN) and the opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment