Saturday, January 31, 2015

Review: At Home in Last Chance by Cathleen Armstrong



At Home in Last Chance was my first read by Cathleen Armstrong.  I really enjoyed Ms. Armstrong’s storytelling and I have not read many books with the setting as New Mexico.  She tells a story of two black sheep who have come back to figure out their lives and to make amends, intersecting in the small town of Last Chance.  I really enjoyed the small town perspective in this book.  Everyone knowing everyone else’s business, however I would not like to live like that.  There is a romance thread throughout this book between Kaitlyn and Steven.  It is not the main focus and I liked that they took their time to get know each other.  This is also a story of familial love: Kaitlyn with her daughter, her brother and Steven with his family.  This is the third in the series but it can be read as a standalone.  I have not read the previous two, though I will be going back to read them as I really liked my visit in this book.  I will keep a lookout for more of Ms. Armstrong’s stories as she tells her stories like you are a part of the town or family.  My thanks to Revell for my review copy and the opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment