Saturday, October 5, 2019

Review: One Final Breath by Lynn H. Blackburn

To Purchase
About:

Investigator Gabe Chavez and Dive Team Captain Anissa Bell have a complicated history. But when Anissa's fractured past collides with Gabe's investigation of a shooting, they must work together to catch the murderer before someone else dies.

My Thoughts:

Finally, the couple I've been shipping since the very beginning! Their love/hate dynamic is great, along with their complicated history. And Anissa's past resurfaces as they find themselves dealing with two cases and their greatest fears and trying to figure out their emotions for each other. For all the mystery, though, the one I was most invested in was went down during Anissa's part in Gabe's undercover opp...

Anyway, I think this is my favorite of the series, and I was glad to see Anissa and Gabe with their own book. Though I'm a bit suspicious with the number of Hispanic, bilingual cops with dark pasts named Gabe showing up in Christian romantic suspense. If that's the next big thing, I think I can live with that.

I received a copy of this novel from Revell. I was not required to post a positive review and all views and opinions are my own.

Reviewed by Jes Drew



No comments:

Post a Comment