Secrets: Visible and Invisible is a collection of short stories by seven CatholicTeenBooks.com authors. As described by Mark Hart of Life Teen International, who provides the foreword, "Each story reveals something different about the human heart and our constant (though, often veiled) desire for truth and virtue."
Secret (n.) - something kept hidden from knowledge or view; a mystery. In a dystopian future, an innocent picnic turns deadly!
- Elijah knows nothing of the elderly stranger's secret past--until her disappearance changes everything.
- A mysterious, ever-changing painting alarms a group of teens.
- The cannonball took Dario's legs . . . Will he lose his soul too?
- The arrival of a mysterious girl challenges everything about Jason's life.
- An unlicensed driver. His dad's truck. What could possibly go wrong?
- An old tale of murder and forbidden love leads to a modern day treasure hunt.
Secrets Visible and Invisible is a young adult novella with a wide selection of stories that teaches timeless lessons and truths. I really liked the message that this book presents and it is clean and wholesome.
Spotlight: In author Astfalk's story we have young man who wants to impress a girl because he feels she really sees who he is. Problem is his plan. Going against his father's rules and breaking the law can lead to consequences you never thought your little jaunt would do.
In the forward we are reminded who the Great Storyteller is and just how much one can learn from a story well told.
I received a copy of this novel from the author. I was not required to post a positive review and all views and opinions are my own.