Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Review: A Midwinter Ball by Heidi Ashworth, Annette Lyon, and Michele Paige Holmes


This is the second collection in the Timeless Regency Collection and these stories are just pure fun and so enjoyable.  There are three novellas included, but they each tell a full, wonderful story of a time set during regency England.  The first one, Much Ado About Dancing by Heidi Ashworth, was the first book I have read by her and this story was my favorite of the set.  This is a about a young earl, Mr. Northrup who has sets his sights on Analisa and has warned all gentlemen away from her.  Through their long distance relationship over the years both have grown and matured.  However, Analisa who has pretty much been a wallflower at every dance can hardly forgive Mr. Northrup for his threats against the other gentlemen and basically leaving her to sit out and be alone at the dances that she retaliates by having refused to have read his letters.  Now he has returned from his travels and both have definitely changed.  Their merry chase was such a delight to read.

The other two stories were also delightful to read and it was the first time I read new to me author Annette Lyon and of course I always enjoy Michele Paige Holmes stories.  Her story rounded out the three.  So if you are short on time, but are craving a clean regency romance story, then look no further than these.   Of course I would have liked to have stayed in their time and worlds a little longer, but for novellas these are some of the best I have read.

I received an e-copy of this book from I Am a Reader Not a Writer for an honest review and the opinions are my own. 


No comments:

Post a Comment