About:
He came to protect a witness. She came to teach survival
skills. Now they're targets with an enemy who won't let either of them walk
away.
FBI agent Sully Sullivan arrives at Broken Chains Ranch with Ollie Callahan--a
foster teen and sole witness to a mob hit. The ranch, started by Sully's cousin
to provide a trauma recovery facility for veterans, should be a place he can
keep Ollie safe until the trial. But what was meant as a peaceful haven becomes
a battleground when armed attackers surround the property.
Survival expert Elena Thompson teaches wilderness skills at the ranch and
coaches Ollie in self-defense. As the series of attacks on the ranch escalates
into a full siege, the question becomes who the attackers are after: Ollie, the
young witness? Or Elena, with her mysterious past? With communications down and
help out of reach, Sully and Elena fight to keep everyone alive as secrets and
danger close in.
My Thoughts:
This story is chock full of suspense and danger, and surprises around every corner. First, we have a fourteen-year-old girl, Ollie, who has witnessed something she should not have. She is a foster kid, and her life is in danger from the mob. I will tell you, these evil men angered me. First off, she is just a kid. I have found lately whether it be books or TV shows, I really feel for the witnesses who did not ask to be there or for the good people who shoulder the blame in not stopping the bad guys in time. I want to comfort them and say this was not your fault and especially tell those who are to blame to take their blame and quit dragging innocent people down. But alas, they don't care nor do they really have a conscious. This mirrors real life unfortunately. This is what I was thinking about with poor Ollie, who has already had a shaky life. Ollie really touched me.
Then we have the doomsday preppers getting involved. This is where survival expert Elena becomes more connected. These are some pretty crazy people. FBI agent Sully has his hands full protecting them both especially when no one knows who the target actually is, Ollie or Elena.
There are a lot of action scenes and intense moments as the recovery ranch that was supposed to keep Ollie safe and help her becomes a major target. Lives are in danger and everyone must step up their game. This is the first in a brand-new series. I expect the next one will be just as hard hitting.
I was provided a copy of this novel from the publisher. I was not required to post a positive review, and all views and opinions are my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment