Sunday, February 21, 2016

Review: Cold Shot by Dani Pettrey


Cold Shot by Dani Pettrey starts off her brand new series, Chesapeake Valor with a bang.  I am a first time reader of Ms. Pettrey and wow does she do some great suspense and romantic tension.  This story did not slow down from the first page.  There are a few characters to keep track of as there is an overarching story for the series that has me just about as intrigued as the main mystery.  The author however has a way with making her characters come alive so that I was not confused at any time.  There are four best friends who have quite a history together and three of them are in various forms of law enforcement.  One has disappeared and hasn’t been heard from.  The remaining three are pulled together and put into a team to solve a murder of a young woman whose skeletal remains were found in Gettysburg.  Enter the leading ladies and not only do you have a story where the good guys have to continually look over their shoulders, you also have a bit of romance in the air.  I think old and new fans alike will very much enjoy Ms. Pettrey’s newest romantic suspense.  I eagerly wait for more in this series.  I was provided a copy for an honest review from Bethany House Publishers and the opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment