Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Review: The Gryphon Heist by James R. Hannibal

To Purchase
About:

A rookie CIA officer makes a reluctant agreement to work with a former assassin and an elite team of thieves to breach a high-altitude data vault hovering in the mesosphere in the most daring heist ever conceived.

My Thoughts:

The Gryphon Heist was a story feast for a reader, especially if you like CIA stories with strong female lead characters. This story was reminiscent of some of my favorite TV shows like Alias, Covert Affairs, and The Whiskey Cavalier.  I liked that this story's lead was a woman, she was smart and tenacious and had a memory where she didn't forget anything. Talia Inger is looking for a place to belong and the CIA looks really good to this former foster child. Throw in a mysterious ailment and some family drama and I was hooked.

I also really like team stories and I enjoyed getting to know this one even with all the spying going on and not really knowing who the bad guys or the good guys were. This store was like a whole season of one of my favorite shows and in my minds eye I could see all the cool spy stuff and suspenseful action playing out.

This was my first book by author Hannibal and I look forward to more in this series especially. This book has already been grabbed by other readers in my household and looks to become a favorite.

I was provided a copy of this novel from the publisher. I was not required to post a positive review and all views and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment