Thursday, September 19, 2019

Review: The Girl Behind the Red Rope by Ted Dekker and Rachelle Dekker

To Purchase
About:


In a world where the boundaries are clear and punishments severe, a young woman risks everything to break free from the system of fear and control to find freedom and love. 

My Thoughts:

This book began as a Ted Dekker and ended as a Rachelle Dekker. You will need to have read both authors to understand what I mean.

Anyway, this story was extremely chilling in every way. Young girl grows up in a cult-like environment run by a mysterious entity hidden in the woods to be protected by entities of darkness consuming the souls of those living outside the protective red rope. And there are a few other entities that leave you wondering if they're angel or demon. Oh, and our heroine is nineteen and married to a dude in his forties. So, yeah, creepy on every level.

I can't really go much more into it, except to say I was guessing what everything could be throughout the book, and I was wrong at the end. Also, for those who might be looking for it, this book is most definitely not a romance. And for those who didn't read the second paragraph and figure it out themselves, don't read it right before bed. You have been warned.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. I was not required to post a positive review and all views and opinions are my own.

Reviewed by Jes



No comments:

Post a Comment