Monday, September 9, 2019

Review: Finding Lady Enderly by Joanna Davidson Politano

To Purchase
About:

A rag woman in London's east end meets a handsome stranger who offers her a chance to remake herself at Rothburne Abbey. But something about the abbey is unsettling. Will uncovering its secrets ruin her life?

My Thoughts:

What a delightful enchanting novel this one was, with an emphasis on who we truly are. First off, author Politano's stories are lyrical and lovely and somewhat different in their time periods and I have really enjoyed them all. This one may just be my favorite.

I can't say too much with out giving out all the secrets of this book that really start from the first few pages, but if you are looking for a fairytale like book set in a gothic setting, look no further. Raina is given an opportunity to step out of her very poor life and step into a life full of unimaginable riches and opportunities. But at a cost. What is the cost? There are many and I would say that this is a cautionary tale for all of us. 

Raina was a soul that was searching for belonging and love. She thought she knew what she wanted, but did she? The hero was such a hero and had a wonderful voice of reason. I especially enjoyed their love messages to each other. The abbey was also a character. It was beautiful on the outside yet hid secrets of decay deep within. I found that whole allegory intriguing. And I do not believe I have read a fiction book with so many really great quotes that I actually wanted to underline them all. (I don't do that to my books.)

If you are looking for a fairytale with gothic vibes, that certainly has a moral story within, plus a little mystery, than sit back and enjoy this one.

I was provided a copy of this novel from the publisher. I was not required to post a positive review and all views and opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment