Monday, August 7, 2017

Review: Imagine The Great Flood by Matt Koceich

To Purchase

About the Book:

The ocean swirled around the boy and pulled him down with unrelenting power. Heavy water churned and tugged at his flailing body like unseen hands yanking him into the watery depths. The fight was finally over. Even though he’d tried to stand up to the enemy, the waves were about to swallow him whole.
 
The last thing ten-year-old Corey remembers (before the world as he knew it disappeared) was the searing pain in his head after falling while chasing his dog Molly into the woods. What happens next can't be explained as Corey wakes up and finds himself face-to-face with not one but two lions! 
 
Join Corey and experience the excitement. . .the wonder. . . the adventure. . .as the epic story of Noah’s ark comes to life.

My Thoughts:


I am very excited that there appears to be a new series for kids on the horizon. The new series is entitled Imagine which pulls kids into a story to experience what it might have been like during a Biblical event. There are other series like this that have intrigued my children to experience different time periods and important timeline events. I like that this one focuses on Biblical events. This particular one was about the Great Flood.


My 12 year old son read this one in an afternoon. There were some things in the story that were unfamiliar to him so he and I were able to pull up scripture and see just what the Bible says. After reading this book he was curious to ask questions and learned some interesting tidbits from the Bible he was not aware of. I will pass this on to my other boys and hope they find just as much enjoyment. Looking forward to more books like this to expand my kids knowledge of the Bible in an enjoyable and imaginative way.

I received a complimentary copy of this book from Barbour Publishing and was under no obligation to post a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment