Monday, August 21, 2017

Review: Chasing Secrets by Lynette Eason

To Purchase
About:


When a photo leads investigators in Ireland to open a cold case, bodyguard Haley Callaghan and her client are now in the cross-hairs as they race to find what links the past to their future.

My Thoughts:

We have now come to Haley’s story in this impressive and my favorite romantic suspense series with a truly unique theme- a group of bodyguards made up with some really tough women, with the exception of Charlie the only male team member. This was another jam packed, action and adrenaline filled episode of the Elite Guardians. I have read this series from the start and each story is unique with the very high value of the team and their familial like relationships with each other.

Haley, in my viewpoint, was always ready to do what was asked and no matter the danger stepped in. We get to have her story this time and what makes her tick. Hailey’s love for the underprivileged kids and her wanting to keep them off the streets giving them opportunities for a better life really gave a softer edge to her tough as nails personality. She has always been the team member with the secrets that surrounded her. We finally get to know those secrets along with uncovering Haley’s past that she was not entirely aware of. There definitely was a lot going on and along with Haley, the mystery really kept us all on our toes with all these threads that seemed unrelated yet Haley had to watch her back at all times.

We also get to meet Steven, Quinn’s new partner and a possible love interest for Haley, who is dealing with deep issues concerning forgiveness and hate. I have highly enjoyed this series and I wish this was not the end. I hope that in the future we get Charlie’s story and I bet the new bodyguards have some interesting tales to tell as well. Kudos to the design team on these amazing covers; they are my favorite for a suspense series. So much personality packed into each one.

I received a copy of this book for free from Revell. I was not required to give a positive review and all views and opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment