Friday, July 24, 2015

Review: Irish Meadows by Susan Anne Mason


Irish Meadows is a historical family drama with not one but two unfolding romance stories.  Sisters Colleen and Brianna O’Leary have suitors and potential husbands that their very controlling father, James, has picked for them.  Neither one is happy with their father’s choices or the fact that they don’t have much say in their lives.  When Gil Whelan, whom James raised like a son comes back home, James has plans for his life as well.  Throw in an irresistible priest in training with dimples by the name of Rylan Montgomery, mix it up with a potential for an off limits love interest, and you have the makings of a lot of drama of a forbidden romance.  There were a few characters that I really wanted to wring their necks over some of the choices they were making, and I did not know if this book would end well.  Needless to say, I was very caught up in this story and the family dynamics of the O’Leary’s.  I am pleased with the ending and I look forward to continuing reading more about this family.  This is my first read by Ms. Mason, and if you are a fan of author Julie Lessman, I think you will really enjoy this one too.  I received a copy for an honest review from Bethany House Publishers and the opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment