Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Review: To Capture Her Heart by Rebecca DeMarino

To Capture Her Heart

To Capture Her Heart is a rich historical story that explores the history of Long Island, New York, especially the turbulent time between the Dutch and English.  Heather Flower, our heroine, is an interesting character as she may have been a real person or just a legend according to the author’s notes.  However, in this story Heather Flower has just been through a horrible ordeal due to a rival Native American nation and was rescued by one of the heroes, a Dutchman by the name of Dirk Van Buren.  I say one of the heroes as this story does contain a love triangle.  The other gentleman is a lifelong English friend of Heather Flower by the name of Benjamin Horton.  This story does pick up from the first in the series and the Horton family plays a prominent role in this book.  I have not read the first one and I do not think you need to unless you want a much richer history of this family and town.  I enjoyed this story, it was a slower read for me but the details and the wildness of this untamed America held me in the pages of this book.  The cover of this book and its predecessor are beautiful.  I received a copy for an honest review from Revell Publishing and the opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment