Sunday, May 17, 2015

Review: As Love Blooms by Lorna Seilstad



As Love Blooms was just the sort of book I was craving for and didn’t even realize it.  This was a lighthearted romance and yet a great history lesson of the prejudices women went through in the past.  From wearing pants, to working outside the home, and eventually the suffrage movement for women to vote, I appreciated all the more what our fore-mothers fought for: our freedoms that so many of us take for granted now.  I liked the tenaciousness of Tessa and how she would not be bullied by anyone.  I also liked how Reese (love that name!) was just the man to not only let her be herself, but to keep her grounded as well.  Their love story was not without its ups and downs and some secrets on both sides that needed to see the light.  Supportive family and a bit of mystery turned adventure rounded out this well told story.  This was a first read for me by Ms. Seilstad and the third in the series.  However, I look forward to going back and reading about her two sisters’ adventures.  I received a copy of the book for an honest review from Revell Publishing and the opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment