Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Review: Akiane Her Life, Her Art, Her Poetry by Akiane and Foreli Kramarik



This book was a lovely look at a very talented young girl and her family.  Told from the viewpoint of her mother, we are taken into this family’s home and given a glimpse of what their lives was like and how Akiane’s talent was allowed to progress and be nurtured.  This family is a lot like any family, with good times and bad times, sickness and financial problems.  I really think it was great that Akiane’s mom held back her mommy impulses of getting angry, especially when her daughter was making such a mess in creating her art.  I am glad she saw such talent in her daughter even though I was cringing myself as I read those parts.  Akiane has a very artistic nature and her mother really showed that in her writing of how her young daughter would act and think.  This is not only this family’s journey but it is a lovely book containing many of Akiane’s paintings and her poetry that goes along with it.  I look forward to seeing how her talent will grow as she becomes a young woman.  I was given this book for an honest review from The Book Club Network, Inc. (TBCN) and the opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment