Thursday, April 16, 2015

Review: The Story Keeper by Lisa Wingate


The Story Keeper by Lisa Wingate was an amazing, wonderful read.  This one is going into my top ten for the year.  There is so much to savor with this tale.  The characters I connected with, the mystery compelled me to continue reading, and the historical information was all new to me and inspired me to also do some of my own research.  This story was like a puzzle, there were a lot of pieces but as they were put together it made for a beautiful picture.  We have Jen Gibbs who lives in New York and has just started her dream job as an editor at Vida House Publishing.  Within her first couple of weeks she finds a mysterious manuscript on her desk.   Not knowing who gave her the story that looks like it has been taken from the forbidden slush pile, she decides to go ahead and start reading it.  Not only is Jen sucked into the story and its powerful characters, but we as readers are also reading that same story and being pulled in.  So along with Jen, we journey to discover who wrote this and to determine if this could be the next big seller.  Along the way, Jen has to start from where she grew up in the Blue Ridge Mountains and face her own past that she has been trying to forget.   I have not yet read another author who can so masterfully link up the past and the present in a profound and thoughtful way.  I received a copy for review from The Book Club Network, Inc. and the opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment