Sunday, October 12, 2014

Review: Making Marion by Beth Moran


At first glance of this whimsical cover, Making Marion looked like it would be a lighthearted romantic comedy.  Well, I though it did, anyway.  What I got between the covers of this book was a poignant story of a woman searching for answers and wanting and needing to be loved and finding her own worth.  This is a good read, just not really a lighthearted one.  There are moments of laughter, but there are more difficult subjects as well.  Death, cancer, abuse (emotional and physical), are some of these subjects.  Marion is a woman searching to find answers about her beloved father.  What she finds is so much more.  This is a book about learning how to forgive, friendship, love, and ultimately finding out you are worthy.  I very much enjoyed Marion growing in her character and even the physical changes that took place as she stepped up to be the woman she was meant to be.  I would consider this an inspirational read, however there is a little bit of language.  I would say around 5 words or less.  I very much enjoyed this story and read it very quickly.  I received this book from The Book Club Network, Inc. (TBCN) and the opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment