Thursday, November 6, 2014

Review: At Bluebonnet Lake by Amanda Cabot


Amanda Cabot’s latest offering, At Bluebonnet Lake, is a refreshing tale of slowing down, letting go of the fear of change, and grabbing on to all that life has to offer.  We have two very busy people who have come to the failing resort, Rainbow’s End.  Kate Sherwood is there to spend more quality time with her grandmother, who in turn is trying to convince her granddaughter there is more to life than her career.  Greg Vange, who has decided to leave his very busy world, is searching for his next step in life.  These two run into each other at a crossroads in their lives.  Not only do we get to watch their love story unfold, but we get to witness the love story of another couple in a very different season of their lives.  I do not know if Rainbow’s End exists, but if it does, I would love to visit and I so want a pair of those cowboy boots.  I have always enjoyed Amanda Cabot’s historical fiction, and I have very much enjoyed this contemporary tale of hers as well.  There is a beautiful theme of letting go of our dreams and the demands we place on ourselves and embracing the great adventure that can be our lives.   I look forward to the next visitors to Rainbow’s End and their stories.  Thank you to the publisher Revell for my review copy.  The opinions, however, are my own.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for taking the time to read and review my book. I'm delighted that you enjoyed it. Sadly, though, Rainbow's End doesn't exist except in my imagination.

    ReplyDelete