Thursday, May 16, 2024

My Thoughts on Hidden Mountain Secrets by Kerry Johnson

 




About:

A mysterious death. A secluded mansion.

This investigation could be fatal…

Antique dealer Brielle Holt uncovers more than just priceless relics when she overhears a secret that puts a target on her back. Caught in the crosshairs of a deadly family feud, Brielle has nowhere safe to hide…until CSI agent Lucas Scott steps in to protect her. With assailants following their every move, Lucas and Brielle must stay one step ahead of someone desperate to hide the truth…and bury them with it.

My Thoughts:

Wow, this was a wild ride of suspense and danger. First off, I really like this cover. That house, which is important to the story and the lightning, and the moon gives this story an eerie ambiance. Which seems to follow the characters throughout. Also, Brielle Holt is an antique dealer, she has her own shop that I really wanted to visit in real life. And when there was some scuffle in her shop, I held my breath and thought, no not the antiques. Anyway, this was an interesting story that kept me on the edge of my seat so to speak.

Brielle has been hired to go through a late recluse millionaire's mansion, to inventory and price his valuables. This is an exciting venture for Brielle until it happens that someone really wants to stop her from doing just that. Even killing her. And right from the start Brielle's life is in danger. But she does get to meet up with her high school crush now CSI agent Lucas Scott. He has literally become her hero.

Lucas is bound and determined not to let anything happen to Brielle, especially as we find out more about his tragic past. His natural protective instincts come shining through, and quite often. As those after Brielle for whatever reason are most determined she meets her end.

This was a most riveting read. I was rooting for Brielle and Lucas's safety and kindling romance, along with those beautiful antiques.

I was provided a copy of this novel from the author. I was not required to post a positive review and all views and opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Thoughts on Meeting Her Match by Jen Turano

  About: Miss Camilla Pierpont, a renowned matchmaker and influential member of the New York Four Hundred, has vowed never to marry after su...