Monday, March 11, 2024

My Thoughts on Fate Calling by Lindsay Grace



About:

A cursed fae prince. A feisty human lass. A fate they never expected...

All Aislinn Morgan wants is to live a peaceful life with her sister in the beautiful highlands of Scotland. When a hike on the Isle of Skye goes horribly awry and the sisters are taken to the mythical land of the fae, Aislinn will do anything to protect the only family she has left.

Even bargain with a beastly fae prince.

But the brooding, dangerous, and powerful Kieran O'Bairr is no ordinary fae. He has spent the last one hundred years in a self-imposed exile for a crime that haunts his every waking moment. The stubborn Aislinn Morgan is a complication he doesn't want, but his longing for the golden-haired lass is undeniable, her kissable lips a temptation he can't resist.

Aislinn is his fated mate.

And one desperate, stolen kiss will be his undoing.

My Thoughts:

I picked this book up for the joy of reading. I just wanted to get lost in a fantasy world for a while and this was marketed as a Beauty and the Beast meets Celtic mythology. Sounded just like the escape I needed. And boy was it.

I could not put this story down. I enjoy many Scottish historical tales, and this one was a Scottish fantasy one. I felt like I hit the jackpot. It was adventurous, dangerous (fae monsters), romantic (swoony kisses), and full of heart and family love. There was quite a bit of violence, that did surprise me, but now that I know I am prepared for it in the rest of the series. What happens when you meet your fate? Well, the one you are meant to be with whether you like it or not. A lot. 

Kieran a very powerful fae and the rightful king and he is carrying a lot of guilt on his shoulders. He has reluctantly come back home to see how things are going. Not well. His brother king is not quite the man he once knew. Now he is only out for vengeance and blood against Kieran.

Aislinn Morgan is a young woman with a lot of grief on her shoulders. She and her younger sister have moved to Scotland to start, what they hope a better life. What they get is a magical portal opening them and pulling them into a world where they just might belong. If they can survive the fae that is. 

I purchased a copy of this book for my personal collection and reading pleasure. I was not required to post a positive review and all views and opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment