Friday, December 31, 2021

Review: Heart in the Highlands by Heidi Kimball

 

About:

An arranged marriage was never what Callum Darrington, future Duke of Edinbane, imagined for himself. But with the well-being of his uncle's family hanging in the balance, Callum strikes a bargain with his father and reluctantly agrees to tie himself to a stranger. The reality of the lovely Lady Katherine is more than he could have hoped for, and their wedding heralds a bright new future for the couple—until Callum discovers his father deliberately deceived him. Callum lashes out, setting in motion heartbreak not even he could have foreseen.

Four years later, Callum is ready to piece together the marriage he so carelessly destroyed. But their years apart have hardened Kate: she is not the naive and trusting young woman she once was, and she has no intention of allowing Callum a foothold in her life or her heart. Despite her coldness, Callum works to regain her trust and rebuild their marriage, not realizing Kate harbors a secret that could change everything—and this time, there is much more at stake than just her heart.


My Thoughts:

This book caught my attention when I first saw this beautiful cover. Isn't it stunning? And the synopsis also held equal fascination for me. 

It is no secret that arranged marriages/ marriage of convenience stories are my very favorite trope. This one was as beautiful on the inside as the outside. Was there a big misunderstanding that could have easily been fixed? Sure, maybe. You see the author wrote about two humans and all of their flaws. I know I have been guilty about letting little things build up so I did not feel this misunderstanding was at all contrived. It happened and in an age of no real quick communication, it was plausible.

There was like, love loss, hate, and finally true love that will go all the way. Familial relationships of all kinds were stretched and put to the test and there was a lot of drama. I adored these characters and only wished the best for them. I look forward to more by author Kimball.

I purchased a copy of this novel for my own reading pleasure and all views and opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment