Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Review: In Too Deep by Lynn H. Blackburn

To Purchase
About:

When the Carrington dive team discovers an encrypted laptop with connection to an open murder case, detective Adam Campbell turns to the only person he can trust—but what they find may require a choice between loyalty and the truth.

My Thoughts:

In Too Deep is about my favorite couple of the first book of the Dive Team Investigations, so I was very happy and excited about that. Just like the first book, the action was intense and the romance was just waiting for a quiet moment to bloom (plus, another couple I've been shipping since the first book seems to be finally hinting at a future romantic relationship...), and the stakes are high as ever. My only real complaint is that the book is just so sad. The hero's backstory is sad (and he's my favorite character, so that's unacceptable), and the heroine's entire life is sad. I mean, I suppose it's realistic to life, especially dealing with the heavy content that it does, but, still, it made me... sad.

Still, I love the characters and look forward to reading further in the series and watching the next romance bloom (especially if it's that one couple I've been shipping since book one....).

I received a copy of this novel from Revell. I was not required to post a positive review and all views and opinions are my own.

Reviewed by Jes

No comments:

Post a Comment