Sunday, September 20, 2015

Review: The Mistress of Tall Acre by Laura Frantz


The Mistress of Tall Acre is another of Laura Frantz’s books that just shows what an excellent storyteller she is.  I went into this book not really knowing the premise and was rewarded with such a richly layered story.   Thankfully, I can read one of her books and know there will be a HEA, however to get there is quite a journey that can put the characters and the readers through a gauntlet of emotions.  This one was no exception and had me flipping through the pages, desperately trying not to peek at the end, to see the final resolution.  Taking place right after the Revolutionary War, this is a story of heartbreak, love, pain, and one that is hopeful.  I would even say there is a bit of a gothic feel to this tale as it is shrouded in mystery and secrets and an underlying feeling of malice.  Her characters are phenomenal yet flawed and the romance is not to be missed.   Go ahead and pick this one up and read the story of General Seamus Ogilvy and Sophie Menzies, you won’t be disappointed.  My thanks to Revell Publishing for providing me with a copy for an honest review and as always the opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment