Monday, September 28, 2015

Review: The Lost Heiress by Roseanna M. White

The Lost Heiress

The Lost Heiress is a novel about a young woman by the name of Brook Eden who is looking for her place in the world.  Starting in the year 1910, Brook who has been living in Monoco, has just been informed by her very best friend, Justin Wildon, that he may have found her birth family.  Leaving all she knows she travels to North Yorkshire, England to meet her possible birth father.  This story is full of intrigue, mystery, familial love, romance, and of course misunderstandings and danger.  With a list of characters in the beginning I at first felt intimidated but that did not last long.  Each of these secondary characters brought their own and added such a wonderful dimension to the story.  I really liked Brook’s character: she was sunny, happy, and quite adventurous.   Her character did go through a lot and she did change in some respects, but I am glad that the core of who Brook was remained.  This was a riveting read and I enjoyed the moving romance and the very strong family bonds with a mystery that seemed behind everyone’s motives.  I so look forward to continuing this series especially after getting to know the hero of the next book.  I enjoyed reading the dedication of this novel and the author notes on how this story came to be.  I received a copy for an honest review from Bethany House Publishers and the opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment