Monday, August 31, 2015

Review: Not by Sight by Kate Breslin


Not by Sight is author Kate Breslin’s sophomore novel and it did not disappoint.  Taking place during World War I this novel deals with spies, suffragettes, and gives us a brief history on the Women’s Forage Corps.  From the beginning this book took an interesting turn and I was very excited to see what path Ms. Breslin would take us on for the final resolution.   I enjoyed both of the main characters, Grace Mabry and Jack Benningham, especially Grace’s quick wit and retorts.  I understood both of their plights and so wanted them to have a sit down talk, but knew that really would not be possible.  The title of the novel fits the story in so many ways.  This story was filled with intrigue, a romance simmering just below the surface, the importance of friendship, and plenty of action and mystery to keep me turning the pages.  Kate Breslin has a way of telling stories during very serious times in history with a bit of a fairy tale quality, masks and labryinths included.  I look forward to more of her storytelling.  I received a copy for an honest review from Bethany House Publishers and the opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment