Sunday, September 7, 2014

Review: Just 18 Summers by Rene Gutteridge and Michelle Cox

 
 

I was very hesitant to begin reading Just 18 Summers, as I was not really wanting to get very emotional.  However, this book surprised me in many ways.  Is it poignant?  Yes.  Did it make me cry?  Yes, but not in the way you may think.  I was actually crying because I was laughing so very hard.  I enjoyed how the authors took these four families and helped us get inside the parents’ heads and see what was going on and to do it in a way that so mirrors life.  I laughed, cried, and cringed with them.  And yes, I cried a bit due to the poignancy and the lessons that were either reiterated to me or those that I learned.  Reading this book was like watching a sitcom with substance.  I even had to read many parts out loud to my daughter and husband.  This is going on the list of my top 10 books that I have read this year and I cannot think of another book that had me laughing in hysterics like this one did.  I recommend this book to all parents.  It was a very satisfying read.  I received this book from The Book Club Network, Inc. (TBCN) and the opinions are my own.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment