Saturday, March 26, 2016

Review: The Newsmakers by Lis Wiehl


The Newsmakers by Lis Wiehl is actually the first book I have read of hers.  This book was very suspenseful and I was always rooting for our main character Erica Sparks.  Coming from an abusive and backwards childhood, she set up goals for herself to escape the life she grew up in.  Along the way she made some mistakes, some pretty serious, but again she struggled to pull herself out of the gutter of her past.  This was a very interesting take on how breaking news happens and it was a pretty scary look at “what ifs” when powerful, rich men have no one to answer to except themselves and the lengths they will go to too make themselves little “gods”.   I could hardly put this book down and the short concise chapters had me flipping quickly to see what would become of our heroine as she battles personal demons and the ones in the real world.  I honestly did not know for sure if she would be able to survive with all the evil she was confronting and not knowing whom she could truly trust.  This was in parts a haunting and creepy tale with a touch of romance.  I look forward to more in this series and to Ms. Wiehl’s backlist.  My thanks to Thomas Nelson’s Fiction Guild for providing me with a copy for an honest review, and the opinions are my own honest ones as they should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment