Sunday, March 6, 2016

Review: Broken Things to Mend by Karey White


I have been very excited to read the Power of the Matchmaker stories from twelve different authors and just a reminder, The Power of the Matchmaker novella is about Pearl and her story and how she became the matchmaker.  Author Karey White takes on the first full length novel, Broken Things to Mend, where we are in present day Sisters, Oregon.  We have Celia who is running from her life in Illinois to anything better.  Truly friendless and hopeless, she is shocked to have a stranger, Pearl, waiting for her at the bus station.  Not only Pearl, but Silas Toller as well.  This was a story that dealt with some tough issues but Ms. White handled each issue delicately, and we were able to watch Celia bloom under the growing love of Silas and his Aunt Nancy’s wonderful care of her.  Silas was such a great guy and a hero forest ranger with a stutter, making him lack in the confidence department.   There was a point I wanted to yell at him, but when he came around, well…..  He made me smile.  This was such a lovely and beautiful story.  It started out a little slow at first, but before too long the characters had me wrapped up in their world.  I look forward to more of Pearl’s couples and her matchmaking abilities with almost fairy godmother like qualities.  I received an e-copy from I Am a Reader Not a Writer for an honest review and the opinions are my own.  I actually purchased a physical copy for my bookshelf as that is how much I enjoyed this story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment