Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Review: Isaiah's Daughter by Mesu Andrews

To Purchase
About:

In this epic Biblical narrative, ideal for fans of The Bible miniseries, a young woman taken into the prophet Isaiah's household rises to capture the heart of the future king. 

Isaiah adopts Ishma, giving her a new name--Zibah, delight of the Lord--thereby ensuring her royal pedigree. Ishma came to the prophet's home, devastated after watching her family destroyed and living as a captive. But as the years pass, Zibah's lively spirit wins Prince Hezekiah's favor, a boy determined to rebuild the kingdom his father has nearly destroyed. But loving this man will awake in her all the fears and pain of her past and she must turn to the only One who can give life, calm her fears, and deliver a nation. 

My Thoughts:

I am really blown away with Isaiah’s Daughter. Author Andrews brought the political atmosphere to life between the divided countries of Israel and Judah.  We start off when Hezekiah and his future wife are but children and both have endured horrific events. The voices of Hezekiah, Isaiah, and Ishma (later to be called Hephzibah) walk us through the political turmoil of the royal family, the palace intrigue, Israel’s deliberate disobedience to God, and the devastation of idol worship and an evil king can have on a country and on a family. And a beautiful love story between one of Judah’s good kings and his queen is nestled between all of that.

Knowing the story as I do, I was given a fresh perspective of the life and times of God’s people. This is the third book I have read by Author Andrews, her writing with such historical and Biblical detail makes her works very enjoyable. From a genre I didn’t use to like to read; now I can’t wait to get my hands on all her books. I think I am lacking but one.  This is a worthy read, if not a hard one in regards to the sin nature of humanity.

I received a copy of this novel for free. I was not required to post a positive review and all views and opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment