Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Review: Lady Jayne Disappears by Joanna Davidson Politano

To Purchase
About:


A young woman the world has written off is secretly the most popular writer of Victorian England . . . but will her own story end as tragically as the heroine in her famous novels?

My Thoughts:


Lady Jayne Disappears was a memorable historical read with a definite gothic vibe going throughout the book. I think what I really liked was the fact that Aurelie, the heroine, was a master storyteller who knew just the way to draw the listeners into her fascinating stories. And this is her story: of a life lived in debtor’s prison with a dearly beloved father who was a very famous storyteller himself. Hearing stories from her father about his family home, estranged relatives, and the love he had for her dear mother, Lady Jayne.

Aurelie is on a quest to finish the story her father started and to find out the truth about her mother and father, her family home, and the family she has now come to live with. Secret trysts, mysterious happenings, eerie goings on, and true love, all made this story very suspenseful. I enjoyed how the author really showed how great an imagination an author has and just how some people are born to tell a story. I myself am thankful for storytellers. This one had an intriguing plot with an ingenious start that had me glued to the pages and oftentimes flabbergasted and quite unsure like Aurelie in how her story was going to turn out, especially with some of the crazy twists and turns.  So just when you thing you finally have a grasp of what is going on… think again. Every page kept me in suspense making this one a hard to put down read.

I received a copy of this novel for free. I was not required to post a positive review and all views and opinions are my own.  

No comments:

Post a Comment