Monday, April 24, 2017

Review: Sandpiper Cove by Irene Hannon

About:


Hope Harbor police chief Lexie Graham has zero time for romance--but the handsome ex-con she enlists to help her with a wayward teen may convince her to make time for love.

My Thoughts:

Sandpiper Cove is the latest in Irene Hannon’s Hope Harbor collection and I think this one is my favorite yet.  Meeting up with some old friends like Charlie (the taco man who always knows what to say) and the rest of the town’s residents, we finally get to see police chief Lexie get her love story.  What an interesting twist of events it is when she falls for former convict Adam Stone, who is trying to turn his life around.  Starting off with a favor to help a troubled teen, Adam and Lexie do have an instant awareness of each other, but both know it is in their best interests to take things slow.  Starting with friendship Lexie opens up about the tragic end to her marriage and Adam lets Lexie in on his troubled and painful past.  Soul mates I think are the best words for this couple and I was thrilled to watch their romance take off.

However, Charlie gives Adam some forewarning as seeds of mistrust and lies are sown on Adam’s new found life.  Don’t judge from the outside appearances was a recurring theme and one that many of us should take to heart.  This was a lovely little romance and I am happy to have found out that there will be another in this series.  This is a series for those who enjoy romance in small towns.

I received a copy of the book from the publisher.  I was not required to post a positive review and the views and opinions expressed are my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment