Friday, March 10, 2017

Review: Tightropes and Teeter-Totters by Lisa Pennington

About:

Do you wonder if you will ever find balance?
Lisa Pennington knows how to get up after losing her balance, even with a full house, a not-so-full bank account, and never enough energy. In her latest book, she offers readers:

-Strategies for finding balance in marriage, motherhood, and bad moods
-Playful yet biblically based tips for turning hard days around
-Inspiration for shaping obstacles into opportunities
-Ways to respond to irritations with gratitude
-Enthusiastic encouragement for living out God's purpose.

For every woman who wonders if her satisfaction in life will ever match her dreams, Pennington has real-life answers full of hope and humor.


My Thoughts:

Tightropes and Teeter-Totters is Lisa Pennington’s recent book for women but to me it was like a real chat with a dear friend.    Lisa’s writing was very down to earth, humorous (tears rolling down my face laughing), uplifting, and helpful.  At times it was like she was holding up a mirror to my life and I could see how very much I was out of balance.  That is what I really liked about this book.  We as women tend to want to be in control and we strive for perfection which neither one are an attainable goal.  What is attainable is balance in our lives.  Not without hard work, or falling down sometimes, but a worthy goal that is possible.

She uses balance as an acronym: B-begin, A-assess, L-learn, A-account, N-notify, C-change, and E-endure.  In each chapter she shows how we can use this balance in the areas of life that are very important to a woman: first the woman, marriage, motherhood, home, outside of home, friendship, money, our tongue, and our moods.  She even gives us bonus chapter titled “Miscellaneous” just because, in her words, women are complicated.

I really enjoyed this book and it has given me much food for thought.  Her advice was sound and she wholly relies on the Word of God, as we as Christian women should. This is a book I highly recommend to women and one that I will pick up and reread time and time again.  I like the message of bringing balance to our lives in this crazy world we live in.

I received a copy of this book for free through Litfuse Publicity.  I was not required to give a positive review and the views and opinions expressed are my own.


Lisa Pennington is a homeschooling mom of nine who shares her life-one laundry load at a time-on her blog, The Pennington Point. She is a sought-after speaker at conferences and women's groups and is the author of "Mama Needs a Do-Over." Lisa and her family live near San Antonio.

Find out more about Lisa at thepenningtonpoint.com.

Like us on Facebook
Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Twitter
Find us on Pinterest
Instagram

What Others are Saying:
  

No comments:

Post a Comment