Saturday, September 24, 2016

Review: Catching Heat by Janice Cantore

Click to purchase.

Catching Heat wraps up the Cold Case Justice series by Janice Cantore and what a wild ride it was.  After the second book I was not sure I liked how some of the story threads were shaping up.  But author Cantore did not let me down and Luke Murphy and Abby Hart along with Woody were back as a team.  Abby is still working to bring to justice her parent’s killers while Luke is encouraging her to let her past go for a little while.  This obviously causes some tension between the two who are still trying to deal with their feelings for each other.  The whole cold case team is given not one but two cases to work on and everything seems unrelated but the author has spun such a web that catches all kinds of creeps while keeping me on the edge of my seat to see how the whole story will wrap up and if everyone makes it out alive.

I have really liked this first series I have read by Janice Cantore.  What I enjoyed the most is that the main story thread kept the two main characters in a tightly knit bond and getting to watch them grow closer together as they worked on all the other side cases together.  The middle book gave me pause and had me worried a little bit, but the third picked up, was very intense, and wrapped up the whole series just right.  These books storylines and writing rivaled some of the best police drama on TV.  I wouldn’t mind reading about more in the Cold Case Justice files.


My thanks go to Tyndale House Publishing for providing me a copy for an honest review.  The opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment