Sunday, May 29, 2016

Review: Spring in Hyde Park by Jennifer Moore, G.G. Vandagriff, and Nichole Van


Spring in Hyde Park is the third set of novellas in the Timeless Regency Collection.  I have really been enjoying these novellas which really pack a punch for shorter stories.  In this series were three authors that I had not read before and I was pleasantly pleased by all of them.

A Happy Accident by Jennifer Moore was the first and my favorite of the three.  This one throws our hero and heroine into a marriage of convenience due to some conniving by the heroin’s father, but this one ends up of course happily ever after however with some bumps in the road.  Marriage of convenience stories are some of my favorite and this one really highlighted Jennifer Moore’s writing.  I look forward to reading all of her stories.

The Disdainful Duke shows us how an educated woman can hold her own against a somewhat pompous duke who didn’t plan on taking a second look at her.  There were a couple of surprises in this book that quite literally took my breath away and I could not stop reading till I reach the very satisfying conclusion.  I also look forward to many hours of reading pleasure of author G. G. Vandagriff’s other books.

Last but certainly not least, was An Invisible Heiress by Nichole Van which is a story that after a shocking proposal takes place, a period of over 7 years passes and we get to see the growth and maturity of the characters.  This heroine was a clever and crafty one, if albeit lonely and in love with the hero from a distance.  This one was lighthearted for the most part and amused me greatly right up to the sigh inducing ending. 


Again, all these authors were new to me and I look forward to reading more of their work.  My thanks go to I Am a Reader Not a Writer for providing me with an e-copy for review.  The opinions are my own honest ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment