Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Review: Silence in the Dark by Patricia Bradley


Silence in the Dark is the fourth book in the Logan Point book series and even though I did not read the first books I did not find this story hard to follow; however, I would advise reading them because I’m sure they provide extra information on some characters and background information.  There also does seem to be a continuing plot- something about guns being stolen and sold illegally in Mexico- that appears to have trickled down from the books previous, but, again, I don’t know -I didn’t read the other books.

This is the story of Baily and her ex-fiancĂ© Danny trying to survive a drug cartel and escape Mexico alive.  Danny was my favorite character and I felt an immediate kindred bond with him because we shared the same name.  Because of this I was extremely biased- anything bad that happened in the story was not Danny’s fault.  Also I found myself disliking anyone who hurt Danny or made him upset (you mess with one Danny you get the other).  Baily was one of those characters who incurred my wrath.  I didn’t like it that she broke poor Danny’s heart (even if I knew where she was coming from- she survived a pretty traumatic childhood incident) when she broke off her engagement with him two years prior to the happenings of this book.

However Baily and Danny are not the only characters as there is also Maria, the young girl who Baily was put in charge of getting to her grandparents; the misplaced waitress, Solana, who lost her job and endangered her own life when she helped save Baily’s and Maria’s lives; the mysterious Angle who, while he is helping them, has an agenda all his own; and Joel, Maria’s uncle, who at the surface seems like a nice enough guy, but could be hiding some pretty nasty secrets himself.

This is an intense, fast paced book that I read in a little over a day and enjoyed greatly.   My thanks go to Revell Publishing for providing me a copy for an honest review.  All opinions are my own.

Reviewed by Nicki

No comments:

Post a Comment