Sunday, May 15, 2016

Review: The Silent Order by Melanie Dobson


I have always enjoyed reading books by author Melanie Dobson as she is a masterful storyteller in bringing past and present timelines and situations to such emotional and fulfilling conclusions.   I do not read a whole lot of Amish fiction, but I can tell you that The Silent Order is not your usual fair.  This story takes place during the 1920’s in Cleveland and Sugar Creek, Ohio in a time of mobsters and bootlegging.  Detective Rollin Wells is a detective bound and determined to take down one particular powerful mob family by the name of the Cardanos who are hiding some pretty dark secrets.  However, his investigation takes him to Sugar Creek, Ohio which is home to an Amish community.  Here he meets Katie Lehman who reminds him of someone in his past.  This story was full of so many layers of secrets, that from the explosive prologue to the very last page, I had to know who was who and what was what.  This was a very satisfying read.  I want to thank author Melanie Dobson for providing me with a copy for an honest review.  The opinions are all my own and I eagerly await her next story.

No comments:

Post a Comment