Sunday, January 6, 2019

Review: A Bound Heart by Laura Frantz

To Purchase
About:


Their stations could not have been more different: a Scottish laird and a simple lass. When a tragedy forces both to colonial Virginia as indentured servants, can a love thwarted by tradition come to life in a new land?

My Thoughts:


I have been so excited for author Laura Frantz’s new book A Bound Heart since I heard the blurb and when I saw the cover. That cover is especially beautiful. This story did not disappoint and I found myself swept away back in time to Scotland, Colonial Virginia, and Jamaica. This novel was chock full of historical detail concerning unjust arbitrary laws the British pushed on the Scottish, wrongful imprisonments, indenture hood, slavery, and more. This book read as in different parts as circumstances beyond Magnus’s and Lark’s control swept them across the ocean on a rather eventful ship voyage to the new world and one in which they would have to grow accustomed to.

As with the author’s other books, she balances out the romance with the historical. I know there will be a happy ending, but the trials and tribulations she put these two through had me reading late into the night and thinking about the next day. I tend to like my hero and heroine together most of the book and these two were for the most part but under such circumstances that their love was to be tested and strengthened by the trials and tribulations they faced together and apart. This reading year is starting out very promising.

I was provided a copy of this novel by the publisher. I was not required to post a positive review and all views and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment