Saturday, April 7, 2018

Weekend Briefing by Jes Drew


Weekend Briefing

Welcome back, agents. Today we’re celebrating the re-release of The Time I Saved the Day with its new cover. To celebrate, today we have Agents Villain Hunter, Ninja, and O’Dell.

Agent Villain Hunter: Back again. Do you have a crush on me Miss Host lady?

Agent Ninja (rolling her masked head in annoyance): Not everything is about you, Hunter.

Agent Villain Hunter: Then why am I on the cover of the next book?

Agent Ninja: Spoiler alert!

Agent O’Dell (fidgeting with an arm rest on her wheelchair): Um, I’m not really sure why I’m here, except that I’m the sister of-

Agent Ninja: Hush now- you’re nobody’s sister. And nobody here shares your last name. And nobody here could possibly have their secret identity blown because of your presence here. Nobody.

Me: Well, I appreciate your actually being concerned about keeping secrets around here, but I did call all three of you here for a specific reason: to ask you questions concerning the re-release.

Agent Villain Hunter (leaning back and getting comfortable): Ask away.

Me: Okay. What can we expect from this rerelease?

Agent Ninja: Well, for one thing, it has a new cover. Not to worry, though- artwork from the original cover illustrates the interior of the book. Don’t know who’s on this new cover, though, since it obviously isn’t me without my mask on.

Agent Villain Hunter (nodding sagely): Obviously.

Agent O’Dell: Looks kind of like my sister, actually.

Agent Ninja (glaring at Agent O’Dell through her goggles).

Me: Okay, anything else?

Agent O’Dell (glancing nervously between Agent Ninja and me): Well, it’s been re-edited.

Agent Hunter: And the special additional scene from  its special first year anniversary re-release last year is included. You know, the one with Ninja and me, in a rooftop. K-i-

Agent O’Dell (her eyes widening): What?

Agent Ninja (punching Agent Villain Hunter): Don’t listen to him. He’s lying. Nothing of the sort happened.

Agent Villain Hunter: S-S-I-N-G.

Agent Ninja: Stop l-Y-I-

Agent O’Dell (clearing her throat so she can speak over them): Any other questions?

Me: Yes, one more. Why a re-release now?

Agent O’Dell: Oh, you know- the re-release of the Ninja and Hunter series ties into the publication of the Castaways trilogy, because their big co-op serial is coming out this summer. It’s going to be pretty intense.

Agent Villain Hunter: I-N-G.

Agent Ninja: N-G.

Me: Well, since those two are F-I-G-H-T-I-N-G-

Agent O’Dell: Maybe we should be L-E-A-V-I-I-N-G.

Exeunt Agents Ninja, Villain Hunter, and O’Dell, still yelling over each other.

Our spotlight:

The Time I Saved the Day



High school sophomore, Charisa O’Dell, has enough to do between homework, karate, and an upcoming school dance. However, when she is accidentally endowed with superhuman abilities, she adds one more thing to the list: crime fighting. Crime is a lot more complicated than her comics make it seem, and she finds herself relying more and more on the mysterious Villain Hunter, who somehow shares several of her superhuman powers. Even so, the more she infiltrates the world of crime, the more she attracts the attention of the criminals. Will she be able to survive her attempt to save the day?

Available now in all major online booksellers

Fugitives



Emily Rogers hoped her most dangerous days were behind her when she escaped from the Island. But soon she realizes that trying to figure out her relationship with Christopher Williams and dodging nosy reporters are the least of her worries. The evil they encountered on the Island is hunting themd own.

Once again torn away from her parents and normal life, Emily and her cousins, along with Christopher and Oto and a handful of allies, must flee through Europe. To be caught would mean certain death, but how long can one keep ahead of the powers that be?

Coming April 16 to all major online booksellers

Join us next week, agents, for a special visit from Agent Jones to talk about his fellow agents as we anticipate the coming release of Fugitives. Until then, try not to do anything that might get you brain-wiped. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment