Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Review: The Reluctant Duchess by Roseanna M. White


The Reluctant Duchess is the second in author Roseanna M. White’s Ladies of the Manor series, and I had really high hopes for this one.  I enjoyed the first, but this one is my favorite.  Why?  Because of the hero Brice, the Duke of Nottingham that’s why.  He played a prominent role in book one and he was my favorite character, even though the first book was not focused on him.  This second one is and I couldn’t have been more pleased.  Brice and Lady Rowena Kinnaird are wed under not very ideal circumstances, each carrying some pretty big secrets into their marriage.  Not only do they have to work on their marriage as complete strangers, but they are also buffeted on all sides by undesirable characters and a few hidden enemies.  There may also be a curse as well, and I think that particular story plot was very well done.  I enjoyed watching their eventual friendship grow and ultimately become a pure love.  This was a sweet enduring story about true love overcoming even the most unbearable of circumstances.  There was so much good in this story.  If you enjoyed the first, The Lost Duchess, you will want to continue into the next chapter and read how Brice gets his happily ever after.  I look forward to reading about Brice’s sister next.  I received a copy for an honest review from Bethany House Publishers and the opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment