Sunday, February 15, 2015

Review: A Mom's Prayers for Her Son by Rob & Joanna Teigen


Following along the same lines as the previous book, A Dad’s Prayers for His Daughter, A Mom’s Prayers for Her Son is a mom’s prayer guide for praying for her son’s or sons’ lives.  There are 77 sections in this book and each section starts off with a Bible verse or verses, a prayer (really helpful for when you can’t find the words), and sometimes another mother’s story.  What I really liked about the prayers was that not only are we praying for our sons, but also ourselves and how we can better communicate, be an example, etc. and apply that to our own lives.  This is a great book for moms with boys and would be great to use as part of a mother’s devotional as each section is short enough to quickly read and not add to her already busy life.  It is a keeper for my shelf and reread of many more times through the years.  I received this book from The Book Club Network, Inc. and the opinions expressed are my own.

A Retro Review: (A review I had written before I started my blog.)


A Dad’s Prayer for His Daughter is a book I would recommend to fathers who have daughters.  Prayer is so powerful, even more so than we think.  This book has 88 sections.  It starts off with what type of prayer to pray for like: When she needs comfort, or when she starts dating.  There is than a Bible verse or two and a specific prayer.  Throughout the book is sprinkled Dad’s stories, where other fathers share from the heart their experiences.  This book is not just prayers but is also a teaching book for fathers that could be used as a devotional as well.  The cover of the book says it all: Praying for every part of her life.  And it does just that.  This would make a very good father’s day gift as a supplement to a dad’s prayer life.  I have passed this on to my husband and he is enjoying it.  I received my copy from The Book Club Network, Inc., however the opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment