Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Review: Troubled Waters by Susan May Warren

To Purchase
About:

A three day excursion turns into a nightmare when a rogue wave washes the passengers overboard, leaving Ian and Sierra scrambling for survival. Sparks ignite as they wait for a rescue, but will a secret keep them apart?

My Thoughts:

There are very few books that make me want to hurl them across the room. Only a handful and Troubled Waters by author Susan May Warren can now be added to that list. No, I did not throw it, I never have but the frustration with a certain character (Ian) made me seriously consider it. If you have read this series from the beginning like me, you may have had an interest in the rocky relationship issues between billionaire Ian and his fired assistant Sierra, sweet Sierra. We finally have their stories. Past, present, and I hope a picture of the future.

Ian is a character that I will remember for a while just by how complex he is. Noble, yet stubborn, protective, yet controlling, strong in mind and body, yet weak in forgiveness, I could go on. Sierra is a very sweet person who may just want to fix things too much. They really are a great couple, if only they both could open up.

I was pleased that another couple’s relationship was continued in this story, that of Pete and the very secretive Jess. Theirs is a story that has been just as rocky as Ian and Sierra’s, but Pete is just a different kind of hero than Ian. The overarching theme of the story is continued as well, and even though each book has its own story, we get more of that theme coming into focus like puzzle pieces making a picture.

This was pretty action packed. The beginning started with a bang and then we had a lull before the real storm hit. I was glad that we had a different setting other than Montana, something a little more tropical but no less dangerous. I was glued to this book and stayed up well past a decent hour. I am glad the series is getting a fifth book. There are more loose ends to be tied up and I look forward to Ty’s story as he comes to the forefront in the next book.

I received a copy of this novel for free from the publishers. I was not required to post a positive review and all views and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment