Friday, January 5, 2018

Review: The Lacemaker by Laura Frantz

To Purchase
About:


On the eve of her wedding, Lady Elisabeth Lawson’s world is shattered, as surely as the fine glass windows of her colonial Williamsburg home. In a town seething with Patriots ready for rebellion, her protection comes from an unlikely source—now if she could only protect her heart.

My Thoughts:

I have read every Laura Frantz book to date. So I really enjoy her stories and look forward to each one when it comes out and The Lacemaker was no different as I was very excited to see her set her novel right before the Revolutionary War. I will say that this book did start out a bit slow for me. With the historical detail surrounding the events, the author definitely made me feel like I was immersed in the times and the political intrigue and problems that were going on then and they really make today's pale in comparison.

I love the historical beginnings of our country so I am very much on the side of the Patriots; I especially appreciated when author Frantz gave us a viewpoint on what it may have been like for a loyal Tory. Like I said, the amazing series of events that was taking place at that time in history is so unlike anything any of us have experienced. The birth of a new nation, our nation is something that brings tears to my eyes.

So the first half showed us the varying strengths of Elisabeth, “Liberty”, and our dashing hero Noble and we got to know them better separately before becoming a couple. I enjoyed the names that the author used for the hero and heroine as they were true to their character traits. When the romance takes off, be prepared to fly through the last half of the book. I like that we get to know the characters individually first as that makes the romance all the more beautiful and relevant. Read it and find out for yourself.

I received a copy of this novel for free. I was not required to post a positive review and all views and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment