Monday, January 8, 2018

Review: Holding the Fort by Regina Jennings

To Purchase
About:

When dance hall singer Louisa Bell visits Fort Reno to see her brother, she is mistaken for the governess that the harried Major Daniel Adams is waiting for. Between his rowdy troops and his two daughters, he has more responsibility than he can handle alone. Eager for the opportunity, Louisa sets out to show the widower that she is a perfect fit.

My thoughts:

Holding the Fort was such a joy to read. I cannot think of another book that had me giggling out loud as much as this one did in quite some time. It takes a special story to really be able to infuse humor into a romance during a time in history that was very stressful and could be deadly. I like that this story had such a quirky heroine.  Her growth as a character and the transformation that she made in a world that often judged her and the wonderful romance that develops between her and Major Daniel Adams was both sweet and swoony.

This is the first in a new series by author Jennings and there are a few side characters that I hope get their own stories. Every book I read by her is my new favorite one and I enjoy her out of the box storytelling.  I highly recommend this one of a kind story with a heroine who knows her mind and a hero who knows his heart.


I received a copy of this novel for free. I was not required to post a positive review and all views and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment