Saturday, January 20, 2018

Agent Interview by Jes Drew

Weekend Briefing


Jes Drew


This week's mission: Agent Interview


Welcome back to headquarters, agents. Today, one of our senior agents, Codename Villain Hunter, hero of the Ninja and Hunter trilogy, will be briefing us on what to expect with the upcoming Castaways- due to be released on February 14, 2018.

Me: Thank you so much for coming by, Agent Villain Hunter.

Agent Villain Hunter: Oh, it was nothing. I mean, sure, I could be beating up bad guys, rescuing damsels in distress, and saving the world right now, but I always like to make time for you little people.

Me: That's very... generous. Anyway, Agent Villain Hunter, I'm sure you know what we called you in to talk about.

Agent Villain Hunter: Yes. Strangely enough, it wasn't to ask me about my amazing, superhuman abilities, my roguishly handsome good looks, or the tools of the trade I may or may not have learned while on the other side of the law. 

Me: No-

Agent Villain Hunter: Unfortunately for you.No, I'm hear to discuss secret connections between my wicked awesome series and the new thing coming out. Castaways, was it?

Me: Something like that, Agent Villain Hunter. Anyway-

Agent Villain Hunter: Please, call me Hunter. As for Castaways, obviously it won't have quite as awesome hero as me, but Emily's a sweet girl. Not like my Chrissie, of course, but sweet.

Me: I'm sorry, Agent Hunter, but did you just betray the secret identity of your partner and fellow superhuman agents, Ninja?

Agent Hunter: Of course not. That would be sloppy. And don't be spreading any rumors around about me saying anything either- Chrissie has a temper on her. Not that she'd be able to my amazing self, but, well, one has to keep her ego in consideration. She has such a large one.

Me: Ahem. Anyway, Agent Hunter-

Agent Hunter: Just Hunter. It's Agent Jesse' thing to have that title in front of his name all the time, but I'm too humble to need such respects.

Me: ...

Hunter: Go one and crack a grin. You know you want to. You also want to know about possible connections between our series. Well, to be perfectly honest, Chri-Ninja already met Emily Rogers a few times during our adventures in The Time I Saved the Day. The poor girl didn't have a chance to meet me, but I'm sure that will be ammended by the end of Emily's trilogy. No matter how hard I try, they just can't keep me out of the spotlight. 
Me: I'm sure Emily, Christopher, and the others will be very glad to see you, even if just for a few moments. But are the rumors true?

Hunter: What rumors? If it's about me being faster than a speeding bullet, of course I am. If you'd like to inform Chief of this fact so he'll stop trying to test that theory, by all means do.

Me: I was referring to the rumor that you and Ninja and Emily and Christopher might costar in a series after the Castaways trilogy.

Hunter: Oh, that rumor. Is most definitely true. They can't keep the spotlight off of me, you know. But please, this isn't about me. This is about Emily and... what's his face. And Castaways will be quite the adventure even if I'm not there. You agents will definitely want to check it out.

Me: Thank you for your time.

Hunter: Oh, it was nothing. Now if you'll excuse me, there's a siren that's been going off since this interview began and I should probably go check it out. Until next time- enjoy the anticipation!

Castaways:

Emily Rogers thought nothing could be worse than her family moving across the ocean. When the unthinkable happens and the ship goes down, she learns just how wrong she is. Now she's stranded on a deserted island with her two young cousins and Christopher Williams, the boy who refused to leave until all the women and children were safe.

But the island hides many secrets and holds many dangers. And as they fight to survive and hold onto hope, one unsettling question rises above the others. Is the island really deserted?


Coming February 14, 2018 to all major online booksellers

Join us next week, agents, for a commentated sneak peak of Castaways. Until then, don't do anything that might get you brain-wiped. Or inflate Villain Hunter's ego. Cio! 


No comments:

Post a Comment