Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Review: Whose Are You? and God, Please Rewire My MADFATs by James Bars

Whose Are You?

In a society that obsesses with labels and groups and people from all walks of life searching desperately for a place to fit in, Whose Are You? is a novella by author James Bar that makes sense of our identity search.  It is not the question ‘who am I’ and all the labels we tack on to ourselves that identify us.  The question we should be asking ourselves is ‘whose am I?’  And in answering that question we will find our identity, our hope, our home, and the very reason we were created.  So I ask you, whose are you?  As for me, I am a child of the One True King and in Him I find I am loved for who I really am.  I received a copy for an honest review from The Book Club Network, Inc. and the opinions are my own.




God, Please Rewire My MADFATs


God, Please Rewire My MADFATS is a workbook that could be used with your Bible study.  It is a 52 week study that helps you to focus on and with God’s help rewire your motives, affections, desires, feelings, actions, and thoughts.  The first half of the book is 11 chapters that explain and give guidance to how to start renewing your mind and becoming the person God wants you to be.  I have read Mr. Bars work before and he has such a nice, simplistic way of explaining ideas where you do not feel overwhelmed.  Again this would be a beneficial exercise that would go along with your daily Bible reading, but should not replace it.  I received a copy of this book for an honest review from The Book Club Network, Inc. and the opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment