Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Review: An Elegant Facade by Kristi Ann Hunter

An Elegant Facade

In preparation for reading and reviewing An Elegant Façade I went back and reread a good portion of A Noble Masquerade because the author said that she started off this book before the first was finished.  And boy did she.  I had thought that this book would start off in the middle of the climax of the last book, but no, this book starts off with the events that were happening about halfway into the first and you do not come to events that are originally this story’s until you are halfway done with this book.  I found it was interesting going back and reading Georgina’s and Colin’s perspective in this story, but at some times I just wished the book would get on to their story already and stop restating Miranda and Ryland’s.

This book is about Georgina Hawthorne, Miranda’s supposed spoiled younger sister; however, everything everyone else believes about Georgina is a lie.  A façade you might say…  She is actually caring, smart, and undeniably clever; but she hides all these attributes under the pretense of a spoiled snob who only cares for herself in order to protect her deepest secret.  A secret that could potentially ruin her if it came to light.  Georgina believes it to be only a matter of time before the rest of the ton realizes her secret, and so she is on the quest to find herself a husband with a reputation strong enough to protect hers if worst comes to worst.  That man is certainly not Colin McCrae, a man from Scotland with no title and only business connections to the ton.

I found Colin to be a very easy going likeable character who is just as amusing in this book as he was in the first.  I enjoyed Georgina’s point of view and found her surprisingly likeable despite the façade she hid behind, because I could sympathize with her (I always seem to with the younger sisters, what with me being a younger sister myself).  The one disappointment I had with this book was that after rereading the action filled climax of the last book I was most excited to see what kind of climax this book would have, only to realize that this book’s climax was actually more of an emotional climax than an active one.  However, I still found the book to have a fast pace, and there are some things that take place midway through the book that will keep you turning the pages…

I received a copy of this book for an honest review from Bethany House Publishers and the opinions are my own.

Reviewed by Nicki

No comments:

Post a Comment