Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Review: Unhealthy Anonymous by Dr. Pete Sulack


Unhealthy Anonymous by Dr. Pete Sulack was a very interesting read on how we can get healthy and stay healthy.  He provides a 12-step program to help us to achieve our goals on becoming healthy.  There was some really great information in this book and everything was explained well.  I learned some things I had not known before about stress and I really liked how he stated that our current crisis is because we are trying to fix the symptoms of stress.  Instead we should be trying to focus on making our amazing wonderful bodies work better for us by being healthy: building it up by feeding it actual healthy food, limiting stressors like (and this one surprised me) noise pollution.  Within my own household there is always something on in the background: tv, radio, electronics, you name it. 

To be honest at times when reading this book and similar I feel like it is so much to take in and I become overwhelmed with it all.  However, this book is a great resource and gives basics and guidelines on where to start.  I, like most people, want to lose weight, exercise more, and just feel better and this book was a great resource in helping me see how harmful stress really is and some ways to eliminate or deal with it.

I was provided with a copy for an honest review from The Book Club Network, Inc. and the opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment