Monday, August 18, 2014

Review: A Woman of Fortune by Kellie Coates Gilbert

 

A Woman of Fortune by Kelly Coates Gilbert is a story about some serious family issues.  Even though this deals with a very rich family, the book held some truths most of us could take away from.  At first I didn’t know how I felt about Claire Massey.  She seemed like the typical married woman of fortune and I didn’t really like how after 30 years of marriage she could have been so clueless about her husband’s business dealings and her 3 adult children.  However, as the story progresses and she is popped out of her protective bubble, she takes a real hard look at her life.  I began to feel for her and the fact that her entire way of life was being ripped from her.  Her husband is taken away from her and two of her children are angry and withdraw.  However, one child does step up, the one that always seemed to be the black sheep.  Through it all though, she realizes just what is important and what love really means.  I really liked this book even though it was like watching a train wreck.  This does not have your happily ever after ending, but it does have the right ending.  I really liked how the author made marriage very important.  I already have the second book in this series on my wish list.  I received this book from the The Book Club Network, Inc. (TBCN) and the opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment